Surprise surprise 

Last night, Yvonne and I were invited to be part of Fi's surprise birthday party. Both of us were to drive to Fi's place, and get into her kai jie's (godsister) car, car and remain mute. That's because Jane and Elaine had blindfolded her and we were not to let her know we were in the car together.

Hehe... anyway, Fi's surprise reminded very much of the surprise farewell party Ee Von organised for me before I left for UK! She took me to the Bangsar pasar malam (night market), when it was still held on Saturday evenings and not Sunday... how long ago was that?! She treated me to ice-cream and then blindfolded me and she drove me through many turns and bends until I felt sick. But what made me wanted to laugh in the car was when either Elaine or Jane burst out asking Fiona why in the world she was talking so much!

She was constantly chatting away (or rather, complaining) as she was blindfolded. And I think this was exactly what Ee Von asked me as well, because when I was blindfolded, I was talking constantly as well! I think there's something when you suffer a loss of sight, the sound of your voice compensates with the... extra emptiness!

Anyway, Fi definitely did not know we were in the car because halfway through she started to sing a song! But since she is one of the most easily embarassed person I know, I shan't say what song she sang, just that it nearly made me and Yvonne burst out laughing. Lucky Jane was prepared. She passed us a pillow to choke ourselves in silent laughter.

Hehe... and the other thing that really made me want to laugh was, as two of Fi's friends were leading her to one of her friend's house, she was loudly declaring that she did not trust Jane. Because of her, she knocked her head twice.


That's Fiona blindfolded and being led into the house


VERY similar to my own words, when Ee Von was leading me out of the car, being blindfolded the second time by her, she asked me if I trusted her. I replied with a resounding NO. Because the first time she blindfolded me, she and some guys were dragging me to her pool and in that attempt, I knocked my head against steel railings which went off with a loud, "Ke-DONG!!!!"

A pastor from Philippines joined us that night. It was my first time meeting him and he seemed like a very sweet, gentle and polite man. But the next day, when I was saying goodbye to him as he was due to return to Philippines, that same sweet, gentle and polite man could not help laughing as he told me the sound of the loud "Ke-DONG!!!" was still in his head! ALL because of EEVON CHUNG. Yes, you! It was your idea to blindfold and throw me in the pool, RIGHT?!

So did I trust her?! Hell NO!

*Breath in, breath out*

I still find myself sooo emotional about what happened 4 years ago. Well, I wouldn't have been, if Fi's surprise party didn't stir up so much memories.

But... Ee Von was really very sweet in organising the surprise for me. She was brilliant. She took me through many turns and bends and got me quite car sick. It was actually because I know Bangsar so well, I could quite accurately tell where she was driving to, and she quickly improvised by turning into an area which can be a bit of a maze for those not familiar with the area. And as she was holding my hand leading me and asking me if I trusted her and me saying no, she unveiled my eyes to see a bunch of friends all standing at the entrance of MY HOUSE. Now that, was definitely a surprise I never imagined and the best one I ever had.

Hehe... actually, the only one I had, but it was definitely great. :P

Awww...sniff sniff...

See? Now you have something you can tell the grandkids about wat :P

Hahaah...but yeah, I was laughing the whole time reading your post. It was actually like this:

Me: Tee hee hee, Eewei, give me your hand...I'll lead you. Don't worry...don't you trust me?

Eewei: [pause]

Eewei: [pause some more]

Eewei: NO!!!

Me: AHaHaHAhAHahAHAha...

Post a Comment