ADHD 

I think I've got ADHD. Adult Attention Deficit Disorder.

"If you experience more than 10 points on this adult ADD self symptom test, Attention Deficit Disorder is likely present.

  • An internal sense of anxiety
  • Impulsive spending habits
  • Frequent distractions during sex
  • Frequently misplace the car keys, your purse or wallet or other day-to-day items
  • Lack of attention to detail
  • Family history of ADD, learning problems, mood disorders or substance abuse problems
  • Trouble following the proper channels or chain of commands
  • An attitude of "read the directions when all else fails"
  • Frequent traffic violations
  • Impulsive job changes
  • Trouble maintaining an organized work and/or home environment
  • Chronically late or always in a hurry
  • Frequently overwhelmed by tasks of daily living
  • Poor financial management and frequent late bills
  • Procrastination
  • Spending excessive time at work due to inefficiencies
  • Inconsistent work performance
  • Sense of underachievement
  • Frequent mood swings
  • Trouble sustaining friendships or intimate relationships
  • A need to seek high stimulation activities
  • Tendency toward exaggerated outbursts
  • Transposing numbers, letters, words
  • Tendency toward being argumentative
  • Addictive personality toward food, alcohol, drugs, work and/or gambling
  • Tendency to worry needlessly and endlessly
  • "Thin-skinned" - having quick or exaggerated responses to real or imagined slights"

Those bolded are what I think I struggle with. I've always had problems with short attention span, so it's not a surprise that I can be suffering from ADD. So I guess I should add another resolution to the list; "To restructure my ADDic environment". I think my ADHD case may not be all that serious, because I think I've had lotsa of help in focusing since I joined my present company. But my first year working it was a lot harder to focus.

For some reason, I feel a little... cheated. From the thought that it could be because of ADHD that caused all this depression and anxiety that has been pressing down on me. And perhaps I didn't suffer from ADD so acutely before I started working because I never had to adhere to a strictly regulated environment that required me to consistently focus on daily tasks. I feel cheated because I've been suffering depression and anxiety and believed it was my own fault for not being able to "get over with it".

Until I have a professional confirm on this, I can't conclusive say I suffer from ADHD. But it sure darn well sounds like it.

'Frequent distractions during sex'?!

I'd be concerned with this one.

-sc-

yes, i thought that might caused some eyebrows to go up. he he

I was when saw that sentence!

Well...it's good to find that I'm free from the ADHD.....thank GOD!

Self diagnosis is a dangerous thing, particularly when dealing with psychological issues. Please be sure to see a specialist to confirm or set you on a different path.

It's easy to look for a scapegoat or excuse for your downfalls or problems, however there may be longer term detrimental effects to using a percieved illness as a crutch.

Just please promise you will get yourself properly diagnosed and get whatever help a specialist recommends.

so serious u are iii john 2. :) i've already lost interest in this ADDic topic :P

Post a Comment