Oh yes... I couldn't manage to take pictures of my budgies, Peace and Joy... because I accidentally allowed them to fly away! Long story. Well, actually, not long, just stupid so I don't wanna talk about it. But when I saw them fly, I was kinda glad they did, because birds have wings that are meant to fly, not to hop around in a small little cage. They actually flew back to the opposite house's roof, and I'm pretty sure they were taking a last look at me before they disappeared. So that was pretty sweet of them.
Last Sunday, my mom bought a pair of birds for me (awwwww...). I think she felt guilty though, for nagging a bit about bird flu, Nipah virus (I was wondering why she was bringing that up) and yadda yadda. She can be a pretty good nagger at times (eyes rolling). I don't know what kind of birds she bought, but they were smaller, aggresive and pretty scary birds. I actually am a little scared of birds... hehe! It took me 2 weeks to get used to Peace and Joy and ignore their flying and wasn't bothered about Joy biting my finger. Joy initially took little light nips on my finger but when she grew bolder, she started to reeeeaaally bite my fingers, especially when she was fed up of me bullying Joy. Because Joy was such a coward, I kept disturbing him to make him tired of running away, but ended up Peace got tired of me disturbing him! Although! I managed to con Joy into climbing on my finger and was perched there for 3 seconds before he flew away. He didn't fall for that again.
Anyway... :( So yeah... I kinda miss Peace and Joy. When my mom surprised me by buying the other 2 birds yesterday, she noticed I wasn't really all that chuffed about it. I kinda surprised myself by brooding about Peace and Joy.
I came back from office today making my mind to get to know the 2 new birds but when I came home, the cage was in funny state and the seeds scattered on the ground! My dad told me some cat came to disturb it and sent the cage crashing down... so hopefully the birds managed to fly away before being eaten.
So yeah, mom's in Kuantan so I called her to tell her about the birdies... :(
Don't think I'm meant to keep birds, but the good thing is, mom also decided to buy terrapins! For what I don't know, because I wasn't at all keen when she suggested, but she went ahead to buy anyway, which is kinda good, coz I kinda took a liking to them. Hehe... don't ask me why, but I decided to call them Georgie and Mimi (sorry ah Li Yuan, no insult meant to your sis, but it seriously looks like a Mimi to me!!!)
Georgie is the one on the rock while Mimi is the one on the bottom. I was trying to take so many pictures of it with the flash Georgie got annoyed and maybe was half blinded so turned around to show me its butt
Last Saturday, I went for my colleague's wedding at Tropicana. And I err... realised I forgot to take picture of the bride! Hehe...
So that's me on the left, then Arif who was pretty darn happy to take pictures with the three of us, Michelle and Yee Ching.
As the night progressed, the drinking sessions to honour the couple started.
Andrew, me, Ming Tze and Andy. Andrew was trying reeeeaaallly hard to get us all drunk. He was holding on to Ming Tze who can't drink and making him literally beg him to let him go, "NoIcan't,AndrewIcan'tdrinknoIcan'tseriouslyIcan'thelpmeIreallycan'tdrink!Please,Ican'tdrink!!!!"
I think turtle is more cute......round and fat....
Posted by
StephyQ |
9:51 AM