I was a little exasperated when I was told last minute to travel outstation for a business trip on Monday. I'm not a fan of travelling because I tire easily and travelling saps my energy quite a bit.
It turned out to be quite a nice trip, getting to know colleagues and customers better. Seeing some of the local scenery I didn't manage to catch last year because it literally rained for the 3 days straight when I was there, without stopping! Crazy.
I still don't know whether my colleagues was trying to scare me or they were just mistaken themselves. I went to their room at night yesterday, and walked into their room and they immediately jumped because they swore they closed the door. But I walked right in because the door was wide opened. I insisted that one of them probably 'thought' they closed the door but he argued that they would have noticed if he left the door opened by the whizzing sound the wind would have made through the windows as it usually does when the door is opened. The last time we stayed in that hotel me and another of my colleague were quite certain there were certain spirits lurking so I wasn't perturbed at my colleague's discomfort over the opened door.
But when I went back to my own room which I had to myself (my other two male colleagues shared the other room) I did feel a lot more uncomfortable than I did the last time. Like I was being watched. I had to leave the TV on with some sound and light and lay on the bed with one eye opened slightly to watch the room until I fell asleep. I'm usually not perturbed by things like this and tend to laugh at it instead. Not because I don't believe in it, but because I believe the (Holy) Spirit within me is stronger than the spirit in the world (somewhere in the Bible but too lazy to cross reference) but I did feel quite uncomfortable last night.
On the drive back to KL, the scenery we passed made me think of the few times I dreamt of flying. Hopefully it's what one of those dream interpretations I found on the net:
Flying or Floating at Low Altitudes: Floating just above the ground by flapping your hands or arms or peddling your feet is an indication that you have lots of determination and that no matter how hard it gets, you feel you will succeed if you stay on course. This dream is an indication that relief from any setbacks is imminent.
In reality, we do not have the ability to fly. Thus such dreams may represent that which is beyond our physical limitations. In your mind, you can be anybody and do anything. These dreams symbolize your strong mind and will. You feel undefeatable and nobody can tell you what you cannot do and accomplish.
Lately I feel my stress levels are quite high and I've been anxious over anything and everything. Can I finish my work? Am I going to make a mistake? Does my new boss dislike me? Are my pet bird alright? Even now I feel stressed, as I lie on my bed. Stress and anxiety seems like a constant thing these days. It's bad and it's not something I can easily just put aside. A major contribution is work, but I think it's a symptom of something underlying in my own life.
I bought my birds to destress me, which worked for the first day. Then I went outstation for work and stress seemed to hit me doubly hard after that. When I got back today, I tried to take a peek at them but it was already dark and they seemed asleep, so oh well.
Oh yes, and the last two days, flashbacks of sights, sounds and smell of my time in UK appeared intermittently and unexpectedly. Especially since they were memories of insignificant moments that I never gave much thought to, like walking along the shops at Heaton when doing grocery shopping and when walking along the high streets. A little depressing, but not as biting as it used to be.
Exhausted and well, a little under the weather
Post a Comment