I came up with some new year's resolutions in the last month. But seeing I've already broken the main one on the first day back at work that is to "Go home from work by 7.30pm" I thought I should revise that to a more realistic goal.
"To face each unpleasant situation with determination and grit to overcome."
When I was younger, I had a tendency to try to avoid facing unpleasantness and run away from problems, hoping that it will resolve by itself. So I guess when I stopped having dreams of something nasty chasing me while I ran for my life, it was a good sign of progress in this area. Even better was when I did have dreams of something nasty chasing after me and me stopping in my tracks to turn around and attack back. I have very much improved, but I think I could do better since I noticed when I reach a certain stress level, I turn evasive (thus my bad habit of not replying sms-es and calls).
Oh yes, and it's my second year running of having ceased repeating a decade old resolution "To lose weight". Heheheh... now that's a real achievement!
New Year Resolutions
Post a Comment