CNY 2007 

The trip back to Taiping this year was mad! A 3 hour journey took 6 hours and I heard the night before was worse. Good thing my parents don't think I'm prepared to drive long distance yet and so I slept without guilt throughout the journey while dad drove.

I love going back to my grandparents' home in Taiping though. It was so much fun growing up in it, and the place has got so much character.



The neighbourhood is called Green House Area and it became convenient just to refer the house as Green House.



This CNY was a little muted and I actually found myself pretty bored since there was nothing much to do other than watch TV, play computer games and occasionally disturbing my cousins.


My cousins



The official CNY activity of the Ang household... TV! Thank God for cable.


I'm usually a late riser but I always wake up early in Taiping. Partly because I'm too excited being in my grandparents' home to sleep but mostly because there are too much activities by 8.30am that keeps me from having a nice sleep in. However, I was mainly woken up on the first morning of CNY because of this fella...



My neighbour's rooster. Its pen is alongside where the room I'm sleeping in is. Although, my cousin's room is closer to it, so I wonder how she can actually sleep through all of its crowing.


Hehe... the second morning I didn't hear the rooster at all, but I was woken up instead by my grandaunt's loud voice talking to the neighbour that owns the rooster! Urrghh... my grandaunt has no concept of the word quiet I tell you. She nearly drove me half nuts with her loud nagging when I was a kid. I thought I would take a picture of her and post it up but I thought that would just be too cheeky. Hehe.


My cousin Natalie who insisted I take a picture of her by standing right in front of the camera. She's just such an adorable girl. She's very affectionate and huggable.


This is 6 years old Natalie playing hide and seek.


This is 25 years old Long playing hide and seek... hiding behind the door and closing her face!


Grooming them young to have the right mindset! Hehe.