Locked up memories 

I feel as if I need to commit certain things in memory before something I start forgetting about them.

In my grandparent's home, all the doors use this type of lock. To open you have to exert some pressure in turning the knob. The door is used only when privacy is needed but there is another layer of a screen door that is used most of the time.

When my cousin Long and I were much younger, we were playing inside the room and accidentally closed the door while we were in the room. And since we were pretty young and not altogether that strong, we didn't have the strength to exert the right amount of pressure to get the door opened. Needless to say, we both panicked a little and I know I was crying.

I remember my uncles and grandma trying to get us to open it from outside without much luck; peering at us through the window giving instructions how to open it. Eventually they managed to find the key to the door to let us out and thank God for that!

My cousin and I were pretty careful with that door after that and our younger cousins laugh about that whenever we tell that story.