This time, it's not my fault though. My luggage went missing at the airport!! How bad is my luck?!?! 13 of us did a group check in, and my luggage was the only one that went missing!!! Just imagine how annoyed I was when I was among the earliest to the luggage carousel and I sat there until there were no more luggage on it. It was late at night, I just had a long travel and my luggage was missing. :'(
After making the report, I went to catch a cab home, and as I stepped off the curb, my ankle gave way and as I fell, everyone heard the bones crackling!
That did it. I was so upset I sat there for a few seconds shedding a few tears. Yeah, I know, cry baby. There was a lot more to the tears though that was beyond the fall and the lost luggage but the cab driver thought I was crying because of the pain. He kept asking if I needed to stop to get painkillers, or just stop by the petrol station to get anything. He made me feel he was one of those guys who panic whenever a girl starts to cry.
However, I must say I'm surprised with the amount of noise my ankles made when it went down, it didn't hurt at all beyond that few seconds. Kinda like someone snapping your joints into place kind of feel.
Anyway, the trip was all right. Melbourne was a little of a bore since it was filled with training with little time to really enjoy. The place was nice but just a wee bit too quiet for me. Gold Coast was fun. Brilliant time!
It was nice because there was a smaller group of us, which was easier for us to get to know our counterparts from the various countries. I loved the Indonesian team! They were brilliant brilliant people! Warm, funny and completely sweet people! There was one night we had a black tie formal, and there were drinks and dancing; they were all so shy to dance at first but after an hour or so, I started seeing some of them going wild! The shiest technical sales guy started shaking his head like he was at a rock concert!
Then my second favourite team was the Indian team! I was completely bowled over by them! At first I was a little overwhelmed with the intensity of their culture that seemed to sideline other cultures in the presence of their own, but after a while I came to really appreciate them for their passion. They seem to be passionate in everything they do, from work to dancing to singing and to just enjoying life. They are simply amazing people! A-m-a-z-i-n-g!
Hmmppphh... guess which was my least favourite country. Did I mention I have a strong dislike towards kiasuism? I shall reserve my
Sydney was all right. I felt a lot more at home there than in Melbourne. Guess I'm just too much a city girl to ever live in a quiet town. Wished Gurjeet was there though instead of holidaying in KL. But I met up with two of my Aussie friends so that was good. But it is soooo good to be back home.
And, I'm back to work. Lots of mail yet to be cleared and trying to sort out the mess my absence has created.