Giggling fits 

I've never met people who have been as arrogant and big a jerks as I have from another principal I have been working with the last few days. Compared to them, I wonder how some people can contrive to think that people from my company are arrogant.

Today, there were three of us in a meeting with the customer besides the other principal and a systems integrator (SI) company. My colleagues didn't wear their ties and their sleeves were rolled up and with a more fussier customer, they could have been considered unprofessional, which really go against the typical company image... hehe. I on the other hand was dressed in a suit with carefully selected colors - black and red.

Black because it denotes strength and authority and red for all that it connotes was chosen mainly for its association to power and strength.

I chose the colours because I was ready to get into a fist fight if I had to with a particular arrogant jerk from the other principal company if he dared try to be funny. If I have to sling dirt, I'll do it in style thank you very much.

Despite it all, I for one had real good fun with my two colleagues today because those two are big jokers. We were making so much jokes and laughing so much today it made work so much fun!

The worse part was, during the meeting with the customer, we only needed to pay attention 30% of the time and soon enough all three of us got bored and restless and at one point, we just started giggling in the meeting! Me and another guy are both cheeky fellas so we basically get amused real easy and I was trying so hard to stifle the snorting sounds I was making and stopping my shoulders from shaking I didn't even dare look up to see whether the customer, the other principal company and the SI was frowning at me in disapprovement!

All I could think of was the time in college when me and Gurjeet would fall into uncontrollable giggles in class! And the lesson I learnt then was to breath slowly through my nose when I'm in a giggling fit I can't control. Or else I would burst into a loud snort! Hehehe... I stopped a few lecturers in the midst of the lesson with those explosive snorts so I wasn't going to risk doing that in a tender meeting!

What made it worse was when I realised the 3rd colleague who always seemed serious walked behind me with his own shoulders shaking uncontrollably and then I saw the other colleague was sitting facing the opposite direction of everyone else also shaking uncontrollably!!!

Oh gosh! What a sight we three must have been! We must have broken down every stereotype my company must have had on them. I felt like a college kid with every ounce of professionalism out of the window.

Hehehe... but it was one of those days when work ended up incredibly fun because we were making so much corny jokes and laughing throughout the entire day. One of those rare days when you experienced the synergy and chemistry that make you feel happy with everything. :)