Arrrghh!! My tummy has gone western on me!!!
Meaning, I can't take any spicy food anymore! Darnit! I practically run for the toilets now everytime I take spicy food. I had northern Indian food today with my cousin and cousin-in-law who's in town from Singapore and it wasn't even very spicy, and my tummy completely rejected the food an hour later.
Any spicy food above the average level has to be completely avoided now because with my tummy gone fussily selective, the food it rejects usually goes through... *ahem* the back door, it leaves a burning sensation during its exit. Hehe.
So yeah, no more mind-numbing-lips-swelling-adrenaline-pumping spicy kicks for me. Yes, it unfortunately means mild and moderate sambals in my nasi lemak, cili padis and tom yam soups. Of course, some people would attest to that I could never take tom yams in the first place. Hehe.
Sniff... what a blow to my Malaysian ego. No more boasting of incredible chili-eating skills and looking down at mat sallehs for their farcical ineptness to take even mild spiciness. Instead... I'm going to be one of them! :'(
Ok, I'm exaggerating.
But seriously, my tummy has keeled over on me. Right now you can't imagine how much I enjoy bland food these days. Give me cream based pasta, fresh salads and cream soups and I'm a happy person. The Indian food I ate today was exploding with taste and the strength of it made me lose a bit of my appetite. And when I saw my brother put dollops of the butter curry on his rice I actually shuddered.
Sigh... gone are the days of shameless eating gusto!
My mat salleh tummy
Post a Comment