My mother doesn't know me 

Ok, for those who don't know, I use the name Isabel as a Christian name and only for work or when I'm too lazy to patiently teach people to pronounce my Chinese name correctly. And for whatever reasons, everyone who first knew me with my Chinese name always end up cackling upon hearing me use a Christian name. Wateva lah.

So anyway, I've been pretty strict about the usage of my names. Meaning that Isabel is used strictly for work while my Chinese name is for personal friends and family. I dislike it when the latter tries to call me by my Christian name and if someone from work steps over into my personal circle I will then insist on them calling me by my Chinese name.

Yeah, it's like split personalities man. And if personal friend or family calls me by Isabel, my brain gets real disoriented I tell you.

So anyway, my cousin-in-law was around from Singapore last Saturday right, and him being Indian, he found it really difficult to remember the entire extended family's Chinese names. So to make it easier, everyone had to give an English name.

When my mother invited him into our house, he asked her, "Where's Isabel?"

And my dear mom replied, "Who's Isabel?"

Hehe... my dear mom isn't used to me being called Isabel so she clean forgot that I use that name.

Darnit woman! She's your daughter that's who!!