Row row row my boat 

I woke up this morning feeling quite good, besides the usual groaning about Mondays and sales update meetings. It only took 5 snoozes on my alarm before I finally got up (it usually takes me about 10 or more :P).

In fact! When my alarm went off the first time, I jumped out of bed to snooze it and I actually did a few quick stretches before I jumped back into bed to catch a few more minutes of sleep. I'm amazed at myself! Hehe... what a go getter eh?

Anyway, when I finally rolled out of bed I had a vision. Can't say if it's a vision vision, as in from a divine source. But it was definitely a very distinct image of a sail and that really floated my boat. Geddit geddit... image of sail floating my boat!?!

Heh... my corny uppity mood is a sure indication that my mood is relatively good today. Ignore it.

Back to the vision. It lasted only for a second and it was only of a white sail with the wind pushing it but it spoke of many things to me. It was a reminder that it is the wind that pushes the ship forward and that was what God wanted to do for me, to blow and push me with His wind.

It told me that I should let the wind do the work and not worry about the work required to rig the ship. It also told me that I should sit back, enjoy the wind, enjoy the way the ship glided across the waves and quite importantly, NOT to be distracted how other people were sailing their own ships.

In other words, to focus on God. And I've been breezing through quite a bit today!

Throughout the day I thought of the vision and it hit me at some point of time that some of the things I'm hoping that will materialize could only have been made possible by me going through whatever I went through last year. And the irony is that towards end of last year I thought that 2006 was one of the worst years of my life. It could be the stepping stone to what I consider will be the best years of my life but I'll have to wait to see whether that will be true.

Last year was a time I would describe that I was like a bird lying within the confinement of a shell where I struggled to hatch and now that I've broken free from it, I'm trying to stretch the stiff wings.

I'm waiting for the day I can spread my wings and fly. The day I push off and take the first sweep into the air will be momentous. :)