On the final night in Perth, there was a formal dinner thrown for us. My poor roomie decided she was way too sick. The poor girl was actually not feeling well the entire trip but she only admitted and gave up trying to hide it on Sunday night. She was suffering from migraine throughout the trip and she never complained!
Oh, how shamed I am! She continued to be her pleasant and cheerful self despite being under the weather and if it was me, I would have been grumpier than a bear being jolted from her hibernation.
My biggest weakness? I lash out at people and things around me when I'm grumpy. And I get grumpy when I'm tired,sick,headachy,frustrated,irritated. And when am I tired,sick,headachy,frustrated,irritated? Well, most of the time when I just don't get enough sleep. Which is... just about nearly everyday!
Yeah, I'm pretty much a pain in the arse really. But God still loves me. Pfffffffttt!!!. . . (traces of saliva)
Su Ynn, Jaclyn and me.
The schedule said we were to board the buses at 5.30pm to go to the Perth Exhibition Center where the dinner was held. I got on the 3rd bus that left at 6pm. We waited outside the ballroom chit chatting and having finger food till 7pm. We then got into the ballroom and waited some more till 7.30pm before the entire evening begin to slowly get started.
What a culture shock.
In Malaysia, we all arrive late and the function starts later than scheduled because of the delays. In Australia, we all arrive early, but the evening still starts late.
What a culture shock.
In Malaysia, we all arrive late and the function starts later than scheduled because of the delays. In Australia, we all arrive early, but the evening still starts late.
I've a lot of big bosses. But the one on the far left is a pretty important boss. That's Ou, the CGM. Fidzuan, Saiful and Jonathan.
They flew in Cool and The Gang as performers for the dinner.
I kept calling them Cool and Gang/Cool Gang/Coolie Gang because how would I know who Cool and The Gang is?!? And all the older ones kept telling me that they were the ones that sang 'Joanna', 'Cherish The Love'. But you know what? They are a pretty awesome band. :)
Chee Via. I like him. He makes me look nice and fair. Kekeke... We never used to speak even though we always hung around a lot in the office because he sits in the cubicle next to mine. It was only this event when we really started talking and its been so much fun! He looks like a sleazy Cina Ah Beng, but he's really one of those sweet characters who makes sure you're always comfortable.
Raymond, my previous team member before he moved to the Singapore office and I moved back to the KL HQ. I call him "Lemon Korr*" because he CANNOT pronounce the letter R. I loved to tease him about it.
Me: Lemon, Lemon!
Raymond: Ya?
Me: Pronounce lorry!
Raymond: Huh? Lolly la.
Me: Kekeke... pronounce delivery!
Raymond: Delively la.
Me: Kekekkeke...
*Korr - brother
Labels: Travels, Work tales