Perth on a Saturday 

Road trip!


Saturday afternoon a bunch of us ditched the main tent event of the recognition event to rent cars and drive to Fremantle.



Spent a while finding our way before we managed to hit the streets of Fremantle


The weather that afternoon was brilliant


My roomie Tina and I.


Seafood lunch at Joe's at Fremantle. A bit of a disappointment actually. Food was too salty and wasn't anything to shout about, except for their seafood chowder. Fidzuan was right, real seafood is Chinese seafood.


The dock besides the restaurant was like a yacht depot where yachts were showcased to potential buyers.


Look at how clear and clean the water is at the docks! In Malaysia, it would have been disgracefully muddied and polluted.



Interesting steel statues at the dock.


Later in the evening, Luke picked me up from the hotel and he took me to King's Park to experience Perth's highest hill. Li Yuan's hill in Cheras is even steeper than it. The reason why it's a bit of an attraction is that the rest of Perth is flat.


King's Park overlooking Perth city.


After that, he drove me through Subiaco, the Bangsar of Perth, for a look see, before heading to Northbridge, the Bangsar+Heritage Row of Perth. By the way, Luke's driving is worse than any KL drivers I've met. Or maybe it was amplified because he drove KL style in quiet Perth. If he drove in KL with KL's traffic and crazy drivers, it might not have been out of place at all.

After coffee and some time chit chatting, Luke brought me to The Dane or something like that, where his friend was playing in a band there. AWESOME music! Best part of it all? Australia's like great in banning smoking in public places!!! That, was the best part! For the first time, I can enjoy good music without having smoke filling my lungs. I'm a changed person. I used to tolerate smoke because most of my friends smoke.




Now, seeing how Australians can be considerate of non-smokers I have formed a new dislike towards smoke, and sorry, smokers as well. Not the individual, but the act of smoking. I vow, and I tell you, I vow, never to step into another club in Malaysia as long as they allow people to smoke inside the building.

I suppose my new found vehemence towards smoking when I once was indifferent to it was because I always thought that it's a difficult addiction that requires a little more tolerance from me. Until I saw that smokers in Australia have no issues about controlling their addiction. Stooopid Malaysian smokers. They rather inconvenience other non-smokers' healths than inconvenience themselves to smoke in an open air space.

Anyway, without my 3 inch heels, I'm pretty short actually. And I could not see the band at all from the back of the club. So Luke pulled me to go to the front of the stage, behind a cackle of Aussie girls. The Aussie girl in front of me was about a head taller than me and as she danced she kept tossing her hair about and flicking my face with it.

-_-"

Then this guy moved up to the front to dance behind those girls and Luke pointed at him and commented that he was hoping to get lucky.

After that, another two girls pushed up front and forced me to take 2 steps back. I couldn't be arsed about it since that was what Luke and I did, but when eye contact was made with one of the girls, I was a little amused at how catty she was. Her face was expressionless, but her eyes spoke volumes, as if daring me to challenge her for shoving me from where I stood.

Score: 0-1 to the blonde.

A few minutes later, she turned to Luke, touched his jacket and said, "Nice jacket."

Oooooo... although I wasn't there with Luke as in together-together, but we were still there together. That was a direct claws-out-bitch-fight-for-territory provocation from the blonde. The moment she made the comment, Luke and I looked at each and smiled.

I told him, "Well done." and she heard because she threw a glance at me before she turned her attentions back to her girl friend. I got claws of my own, girl, even if I may hide mine a little.

Score: 1-1.

Whee, nothing like an occasional girly spat to liven up the night.

Darn, the TV in my room is busted. :(

Labels: ,