8 random facts / habits about me 

I got tagged by Florence. And while I think that this tagging thing is pretty much in my sek pau mou yeh chou (nothing to do) category, hehe... it's still nice to be remembered that I exist to other people, so I shall obediently comply!

So I'm to state eight random facts/habits about myself then tag another eight person in turn.


1. I hate wearing loose panties. I like them tight and snug. (Whaaaaat!?! Supposed to be random right?!?!)

2. Fact No. 1 was as a result of being traumatised by my mother and sister laughing super hard at me when I was a wee child. I kept wearing this underwear which band was so loose, it kept falling off. And being the innovative child I was, I took a rubber band and tied as much loose underwear as I could (like one would tie a ponytail) to keep it from falling. My mother and sister saw it one day when I was in a changing room and they laughed so hard I was forever traumatised by loose underwear.

3. I can sleep anywhere, anytime. During my grandmother's funeral, the weather in Taiping was unbearably hot in the afternoon. So hot it was a bit of a challenge even to sleep. But I prevailed. When my maternal sixth aunt saw me sleeping in the room despite the heat and humidity, she was incredulous. She couldn't believe how I could sleep in such a weather. In fact, I slept so well that she was convinced to join me.

4. I actually like reading romance novels. Everytime I'm in a bookstore, I would try to sneak a glance at the romance sections as discreetly as I can. If there's very few people in the store, I'll browse through it a bit. But if there are a few people hovering nearby especially guys, I pretend to turn my nose up at it and then head towards the Non-Fiction section and pretend to browse through autobiographies of people like Nelson Mandela and other impressive sounding names.

5. Having a sister who's on scholarship to do her PhD in Cornell and does schmancy-mancy things like comparative literature and political science, I'd like people to think I could be fairly intellectual. But really, all I like to do is bum out in front of the TV watching E!, movies and TV series, read my fantasy novels with occasional romance novels and play computer games. Nothing really intellectually stimulating. In another life, I would have been perfectly contented being a secretary. But nooOooo... my parents decided I had to do more with my life.

6. I used to crack my knuckles quite a bit. Then I got bored. So I started cracking the proximal inter-phalangeal joint of my fingers. Then I got bored, and I started cracking the proximal inter-phalangeal joint of my toes.

7. I am most articulate in writing when I am angry. Each word and each sentence is to drive home a scathing and pointed remark. When I was in ME, my manager would happily let me be the one to draft out the emails for her when it was time for an internal email cat fight. She claimed it was the only time when I wasn't long-winded like I usually was.

8. I can be quite confrontational, even as a child. Loooong time ago, when we were wee kids, my siblings, cousin and I were waiting in a bank for our grandmother, two kids claimed we took their spot. One of them started threatening that they would hit us and though being the youngest among the four, I remember shouting back at them, "Come lah! Hit us lah!" They backed off nearly immediately and went to sulk at another corner. I remember my siblings and cousin laughing a little in surprise at me.

And then there was another time when I was still a pretty young kid, we were in Genting Highlands for a family trip. We took a bus from Awana up to Genting, and when it was time to grab the bus to go down to Awana again, the crowd was pretty unruly with everyone rushing to get onboard and pushing and shoving against each other. I was so annoyed being pressed in the rushing crowd I snapped at a lady behind me, "Stop pushing! Why you don't know how to line up ah?!" My aunt who was I was tagging along laughed as she told my uncle my reaction.

Oh yes, and I'm so confrontational that I get very annoyed when people do not outrightly speak their minds but insinuate their displeasure of me through veiled words. I actually lose my temper, when a person insinuates rather being forthright with what they think. If somebody has something to say, say it to my face and don't hide behind snide tones, pretentious facial expressions and supposedly political words.

Yeah, I'm pretty abrasive that way. No wonder people find it hard to get along with me.

Labels: