Yesterday, when a submission of a tender was due in the evening, my natural aggression came out as I expressed my frustration to a colleague of another colleague who was not responding with his portion. The colleague suggested I put all that I said in an email and so I did. When it comes to verbal lashings, very few can challenge my prowess. I have though, after two years, learn to curb my lashings on emails, so I sent a polite but edgy email.
When I got to the office later, the colleague I indirectly unleashed my ire on in my email and his manager gave me odd looks which I of course ignored. They have never worked with me before, and I always get that look when people experience their first encounter with my brusque and sharp attitude towards work, so I wasn't bothered.
What never fails to amuse me is, people bitch about how short a notice they have been given to respond, but when you give them at least a week beforehand, they will never get it done until the very last day. And they always manage to produce something when they only have one day to work on it.
I only thank God that the team I work with across the organisation are people who are accepting enough of my impatience and mood swings and take my brusqueness in stride knowing that nothing is ever personal with me.
The night before I had dinner with friends, and an ex-colleague joined. During the conversation, Ee Von turned and asked me to do something I used to do during college days that always got the girls going off in peals of laughter and without hesitation, I did so. My ex-colleague was tongue-tied for a few seconds before he declared that this was a side to me that he never knew I had! Heh... actually, I quite nearly forgot about that side of me until Ee Von reminded me of it last night.
Work has definitely turned me into a more uptight person and suddenly, I miss college days. Uni days was definitely a time to remember, but I can never remember a more carefree, mischievous and fun time than college days.
Labels: Friends, Work tales
I can't believe you'd leave us hanging like that. Of course, you must know that someone would ask what was the "something I used to do during college days that always got the girls going off in peals of laughter"?
I'm imagining you doing that gross spaghetti trick where you hold onto one end in your mouth and snort the other end out your nose??? :)
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:21 AM
aisey man.. who's this ah?
it wasn't spaghetti and it wasn't a trick. it was wan tan mee and it was the result of food poisoning that got me heaving up all the noodles... so violently that it came out through my nose! you got the story completely skewed! is this sia chia ying?!
"something I used to do during college days that always got the girls going off in peals of laughter" was meant to leave it hanging! i'm soooo not going to describe it here. but i don't mind doing demonstration.. hehehe...
Posted by
ee |
11:55 AM
I"m sure that I will have a chance to meet you again b4 u take off...So I'll make sure I bring along my camera and shoot down the demonstration.....haha!!!
*everybody then can view from my blog...or a website...haha!! Coming soon....
Posted by
StephyQ |
2:23 PM
aisshh! cannot cannot! this cannot be done in front of parents wan...
:P
Posted by
ee |
2:45 PM
cannot be done in front of parents?? whose parents?? aiya....of couse not at KLIA lah....silly cow....
Posted by
StephyQ |
10:57 AM