So I thought it would be good to visit my old church before... some impending turn of events in the coming month.
It was really nice being in BGC. It felt so comfortable. I don't regret seeking out different pastures to graze, but it felt good to experience familiar surroundings and reminisce a little.
When I saw Jimmy Lee standing outside church when I first got there, I couldn't help but grin from ear-to-ear, especially at his look of surprise and delight of seeing me again. There has been a few individuals who I've well and truly bonded with, and it was extremely good to see them again after so long.
When I saw two of the older ladies in church who I'm closest with talking to one another, I couldn't resist putting my arms around them and giving them a hug. In fact, there were a few older ladies I really wanted to hug but couldn't find them. I miss having church 'aunties' to chit chat with.
I think the only gripe I could possibly have about BLC is that the demographics tend to veer more towards young adults. I somehow always feel like a church is incomplete without older aunties and uncles to hug and cajole with. Hehehe... I think the correct word is to 'manja' with.
But yeah, the visit gave me a little more to muse over as well.
Labels: Friends