Proposals, pizzas, people 

Yesterday was mad. Mad mad mad.

Worked 14 hours straight on a single tender. No breakfast or lunch, and it was only in the evening when we realised that we weren't going to have time to join the company BBQ dinner (and from my feeling faint with hunger) that we decided to order pizzas for dinner.

Actually, if following the structure of the company, a number of us didn't have to work so late and do what was done. But they really just did the extra mile just to support each other and make sure everything was done as perfectly as possible.

Despite the long hours and the tiredness, there was really not much resentment or dissatisfaction within the team, even if we did think certain individuals could have been there and done more. The whole day just seemed... fun. Not because I'm a workaholic masochist, but because there did seem to be genuine bonding among the team. I think I gained so much more by being part of the team and slogging through the work together than if I had chosen to participate minimally in the project, which is to do just whatever my portion is required of.

I took this picture and joked to them about how it is to remind me why I am right in leaving the company. But somehow, I think this picture will remind me of what I will most about the company.

For all the friendships made, the comradeship shared.




The ever positive and positively charming JoSuen on the left, who kept us smiling despite all the frustrations. Jason, the ever gentle giant. Poon, who went the extra mile to take the lead as project owner (while I got conned to be assistant project owner), KC who didn't need to be there but decided to just be there to help whatever he could. And Chelsea, who also didn't need to be there, but remained to support the entire team.

Labels: