Just got back from Newcastle yesterday evening. Feels nice to be back to my aunt's place! And to the 'warmer' down south.
The bus ride down wasn't all that bad, except that of all the seats I could have chosen, I sat next to a... urh... very zealous Italian/Spanish person for God. I think the giveaway was when I noticed the picture of Jesus and Mother Mary was a little damp from his constant kissing of it.
When he couldn't kiss it anymore, he used the pictures to blot the oil from his face.
When all the oil from his face disappeared into the pictures he kept abusing himself by poking himself in the form of the cross, or whatever Catholics call it. I thought he was seriously going to injure himself from his excited poking.
After a while he grew tired, and sobered down a little. There was another Indian dude sitting nearby who would keep looking over and grin a knowing smile, which I didn't deign to entertain. Despite the Italian/Spanish guy's over-exuberance, I will never stoop to laughing at or mocking him.
When my cousin and family picked me up from the bus station, we went to Pizza Hut for dinner. My youngest nephew of the two, Brenden, is a little shy and largely ignored me throughout the entire car ride. But when we got down to go to Pizza Hut, he got out of the car and ran around it to grab my hand to hold. *Awwww*
I was his best friend! For about half an hour until his grandpa came, then I joined the insignificant rank the family shares when his Grandpa John is around.
I unfortunately left my camera cable at Jessica's place, so will have to wait for her to mail it to me before I can upload any pictures.
Oh yes, and yesterday, a big huge fly found it's way into Jessica's house and was annoying me as best as it could. Today, when I open to unpack my luggage out it came buzzing. It must love me. I killed it of course.
Stop leaving your cables behind woman! It's symtomatic if a deep-seated psychological problem that could manifest itself into unwanted repression and trauma later on in life.
Posted by
Anonymous |
8:34 PM
Remember to double check your cable b4 u travel k......wht ever cable you brought along....
Posted by
StephyQ |
5:58 PM
err.. steph, too late. already left it behind.
Posted by
ee |
10:51 PM