Answered prayer 

Who has the best cousin ever?

I do of course!

Because he gave me a brand new x60s, the newest model (is it still?) of the IBM ThinkPad xSeries range!

Well, actually, I'll have to say I have the best God ever!

I didn't want to take out more than I already did for the cost of moving to UK by buying a new laptop so I prayed for one. My mom offered to subsidize for one, but I figured, it wouldn't hurt to wait and see whether God's going to answer or not and held off on any purchase. Lo and behold! Two days after arriving in UK, my cousin asked if I wanted one, and he got me one!

"Or what man is there among you who if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" Matthew 7:9-12


Ahhh... reunited with my life partner (as most IBMers would probably agree - old habits die hard). You cannot believe how appalled I was to think I could end up with a Dell laptop or *gasp* that associated with the HappyPeople brand.

If you don't already know, I'm mental when it comes to how would you call it? Company loyalty? Over-association? Over-emotional? Whatever.

I was MSN-ing with an ex-colleague, who funnily enough, was the predecessor of the position I was in, and who left the company a month after I did to move out of the country as well.


Me: The top 3 brands of laptop I could only allow myself to use: ThinkPad, Sony Vaio and Mac. The bottom 3 I would so completely avoid is HappyPeople, Dell and Acer.

Ex-C: I feel so insulted man.

Me: Huh?! Why?!?!

Ex-C: 'Cause I'm using one of the bottom 3.

Me: Hehehe... let me guess, HappyPeople!

Ex-C: Yeah.

Me: But that's just me! It's not a reflection of who you are!!

Ex-C: But yeah, lousy man! I miss having a TP.


What can I say, I'm a blind devotee to the brand.