Culture shock 

What a culture shock I got, during the first week of employment, where my ex-company was all about sales management, my new company is all about sales!

In my ex-company, people chased me for things. In my new company, I chase people.

In my ex-company, when I say its name, people listen. In my new company, I have to force people to listen.

In my ex-company, I struggled to be on top of all the emails coming in. In my new company, I hardly get any email!

Not all is bad though.

In my ex-company, everyone wanted everything done yesterday. In my new company, everyday is a brand new day.

In my ex-company, I was constantly worrying about everything, day and night. In my new company, the evenings are mine and mine alone.

In my ex-company, I had to work till midnight everyday to be on top of my work. In my new company, my team leader is suggesting we set our mails to be sent at 10.30pm to impress people that we're really hardworking!

Lack of responsibility is a good thing.

A good comparison of the big blue - hahaha-

still am in the blue seas.

Joshua

Post a Comment