Who would have imagined, that he, the knowledgeable and practical one, would so adamantly insist on such a love to be the reason for any marriage. While I, the whimsical and emotional one would insist that while such mad passionate love is nice to have, a marriage has to be founded on shared practical values and with the view of a long-term partnership first and foremost.
The defining moment for me was when I looked at him and realised with absolute certainty of where I stood.
If I ever had the privilege to fall madly, passionately, insanely in love with a man, but was convinced in no way were we compatible for a long-term commitment to God's kingdom, I will, painfully, surely, but most determinedly sacrifice such a love for God and His work.
God is my mad, insane, passionate love.
"To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One.
Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One.
Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
and calls them each by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.
Isaiah 40:25-26
For where sin abounded, grace abounded much more.