Me likes London! 

I wish I remembered to bring my camera with me today!

I went to meet an ex-school mate, Adlee, who lives very close to where I work. Her apartment is gorgeous! It overlooked a beautiful landscape of trees with the river peeking through and the decor very zen and modern. I hope I can find just as beautiful a place to move in to after I'm more settled in my job.

Had a lunch of bread, cheese and pate with her and her husband, which was surprisingly delicious and satisfying. I miss miss miss Malaysian food with the char kuay teow, nasi lemak, curry mee but I'm also easing quite easily into the English palate. I think it's just because I love food overall.

Did some catch up with Adlee, and then she and her husband taught me how much fun watching rugby can be. Of which towards the end I fell asleep just shortly into second half. I blame the cheese.

The shouting, cheering or excited voices of the commentators did not rouse me from my nap. Two words did.

IBM BladeCenter.

I sat up with a start and surprised Adlee with my loud hey! They were telecasting an advertisement of it.

That's what happens to you when you give more than half your life for one and a half years into selling those darn things. To be fair, it's a fantastic product and if you're an IT manager reading this, it really is, when you take a closer look at comparing with some other brands. But no, I will not get into that topic.

So anyway, after OZ shamed Wales, Adlee and I headed to Richmond. The weather today was brilliant, it was such a lovely warm and sunny day. It's hard to appreciate the sun when you have it glaring at you all year round, making your life miserable with humidity and sweat. But when you live in a country where it can get cold, windy, dark and depressing, the bright sun really cheers the soul!

We bought ice-cream and sat on the grass by the river chatting. Beautiful. Really wished I brought my camera.

Needless to say, I enjoyed myself a lot today!

lol. i seem to like most dingy cities... see: http://hwayangjerng.blogspot.com/2007/09/re-setting-mind-de-nationalising-its.html

Post a Comment