Finger-pointing, no good 

I just found out that a transaction I closed before leaving my ex-company had some glitches. And when you have 3 different parties involved with the transaction, you can imagine nobody would want to take the fall for it and some finger-pointing exercise started.

And guess who is the easiest to point to?

The person who cannot defend herself!

Well, not that it should matter since I'm out of the company and out of the country. And truth be told, when some other colleagues left before I did, we joked about pointing fingers towards them as well, for anything that went wrong.

But thank God for a chap with enough character and integrity, who stood up and admitted that the fault was not to be put on me, when everyone else was happy to let me take the blame (except my ex-employers of course). And with an even bigger character and integrity, also told me about it.

I extended my employment in hell for another month to avoid this kind of situations and clean up my own mess, so it mildly annoys me to have something crop up beyond my control to mend. But in this case, I'm glad it isn't my fault.

I had a chat with my Team Leader yesterday, and interestingly enough, he made a comment that my strength and my weakness is both my perfectionist attitude! I never really saw myself as a perfectionist before, although I suddenly suspect I could be the only one who never did. My strength is that I take great pride in my work, and I want to make sure I do everything very well, but the problem is also because of that, if I am not fully confident of my knowledge of a certain area I held back in plunging in a deeper engaging level with the customer, that could make a difference in my work.

At any rate, BIG THANKS to R for not letting me take the blame even when it was much easier to do!

I'm a person who tends to remember things, so will definitely make sure I return the favour. As for the dudes who wanted me to take the blame... if I ever go back to Malaysia and work...