Not been updating much because the broadband in my new flat has not been fixed. So have not had much time to do much.
Other than being busy with work, I've been getting more and more settled with my church as well, which I'm very pleased about!
It's been great. I'm particularly glad on how a couple from church has been giving me enough attention that says they like having me around. I bumped into my church pastor a couple of days ago and he invited me for lunch with him and his wife and I found that just a little scary though! It's because I haven't really gotten to know them much at all, and the sudden attention makes me feel as if I did something wrong, or like a student caught by the teacher for whispering or something. Makes me want to duck under a pew or something.
But yeah, this couple, Andrew and Nicky have been lovely! They invited me for dinner at their home last Saturday and for Bible study on Tuesday. My mother has no reasons to be worried about me not eating properly, or worse, eating my own cooking! (hehe) because the church loves to share meals and I'm a lot more worried about overeating now! I've found myself accepting more and more desserts than I ever allowed myself to have in the last four years!!
The good thing about being in UK is compared to the Westerners or Africans, I'm pretty petite. Hehe... and there aren't many Chinese girls around here, and the few who are, are a little more rounder than me! Hehe...
In the words of KC_Chong (bless his foul mouth), I am the most lean and mean "dim sum" around then.
-_-
You're also young, so your metabolism rate is still high. Enjoy it while it lasts ;) And enjoy all the attention from the white men. Just don't do anything naughtee, okie!
Posted by
CHARIS |
1:21 PM