I enjoyed my last weekend. On Friday evening, I went with Anya, a friend from church, to have dinner with her boyfriend and her boyfriend's church friends. It was such good fun, having dinner, chatting and laughing. The kind of laughing that comes from the bottom of the stomach. Felt like her boyfriend was trying to pass the Girlfriend-Test, where he has to woo her friends to convince them that he's the one for her. He certainly wooed me. But I think it was his friends that were part of the wooing process as well. Everyone was funny, sociable and genuinely sincere in their friendships.
On Saturday, I had grand plans of waking up early, jog and go grocery shopping. As usual, my grand plans turned to me waking up late, hanging around the flat doing nothing, before I rushed out to buy fruits and then rushed to church to meet a friend so we could go back to his house to set up his laptop and Internet for me. Hopefully, the Internet in my flat will be fixed tomorrow.
When we finally got the technical bits sorted out I had my first cross-country Bible study with Sarah! For something that was thought of last minute with very little work put into preparation, it went better than I feared, especially since the excitement in doing it and the effort was mutual, and not one person trying to pull the (mule - as Bro Ong would probably attest to about me in the last few years) other person along.
I think part of the idea of doing a cross-country BS also came about because I remembered Bro Ong mentioning he did the same for someone in Hong Kong, and they did it over the phone! At least Sarah and I had Skype. Now that's commitment for you.
Between the two of us we had a lot more questions than answers. But BS is meant to be that to an extent isn't it? What more I think the book of Job that we worked on probably was not meant to give answers, but just a reminder that God is far beyond our understanding, but it is the attitude of trust and faithfulness that God appreciates.
I always enjoy my weekends, and Mondays... Mondays just make me feel so annoyed. But then Tuesday comes and I'm encouraged because it means the week is underway and it'll soon lead to another weekend!
Monday already?!
Post a Comment