
I fell in love with oil paintings when I first saw a painting by John Constable, in one of London's art museums. I have never shown any artistic talents, although I knew that if I put my mind and back into drawing, I could be just above average.
Picking up painting was something that played in my mind for a while, but it was Emmanuelle, a friend from church, who encouraged me to really do it. We were in her room praying together, and I saw a painting on top of her desk with her signature. I was surprised she shared a similar interest in painting as I did and I told her I did think of doing it, and she promptly and firmly said, "Do it."
She told me where I could get cheap art supplies and I went that same afternoon to get it.
I got some small canvases to begin with, and finally sat down on Saturday evening to paint. And so I did it, I painted my first painting. And frankly, I was surprised it wasn't a disaster, and actually quite pleased with my first painting.
Anne and Antonella insisted that they liked it very much and they made me hang it in the living room temporarily. Only temporarily, because it's a bit small, and they want me to do something on a bigger canvas.
It's no masterpiece, but it's enough to open up a door to a part of me I don't think I'll be shutting for a while. And it makes me very excited, because it feels as if there is so much to explore through that door, so much potential I never paid attention to.
Good work! Painting is very therapeutic as well :) You should try to join a hobby group or something, where people get together and paint in a free and easy way. Could be fun!
Posted by
CHARIS |
2:40 AM
it might be a good idea so that i could learn to paint better! but i dont know... it could stress out the over-competitive side of me.. the side which will constantly make me peer over somebody else's shoulder and compare whether they are doing better than me or not...
Posted by
ee |
9:07 PM