The Party 

Yesterday I finally went to do my Christmas shopping and bought some other necessities for the flat. By the time I got back I was flat out exhausted. Called AC to see if I could pass back the pots I borrowed and he and C persuaded me to go with them to a friend's house warming party despite my protests.

The flat we went to was nice and cosy, but because I didn't know anyone else there beside the hostess who was running about and my two friends, I found myself feeling incredibly awkward.

So AC kept me company (or was it me keeping him company since that was the reason they dragged me out) as we sat on the couch in the living room chatting.

After half an hour, a British born Chinese guy came up to introduce himself as J. He sat on my right side while AC sat on my left. After a few minutes of polite conversation, I asked one of my safe but sure questions, "So, where are you from?"

J proceeds to tell me, "Norwich."

I shake my head in doubt and then J leans his head back on the couch, literally making sure that AC was blocked out of his view as he concentrates on me as he maps where Norwich is in the British map. That made both AC and me uncomfortable immediately. And for the next 10 minutes constantly does that... leaning his head back to block AC out of his view and focus his gaze at me.

I kept trying to draw AC into the conversation until I think J finally realised the air of discomfort and offered to get a drink for AC.

AC then proceeds to grin gleefully.


AC: You both are getting along so well, I should leave you with him.

Me: 0_o Nooooo... you can't! Stay where you are!

AC: Well, are you sorry then for what you did in the tube station?!

Me: -_- Yes, yes, fine I'm sorry! *Yeah right, I'm so waiting to do that again*

AC: Heheh... I'll stay then!

Me: *Sucker, if I were you, I would so ditch you just for laughs!*


Good thing we had to leave shortly after. We went to flush out C, the other friend, and apparently he wasn't having any better a time, being stuck between an Economist and a Teacher and couldn't escape from them to look for us. But overall, the night was still good with a few laughs shared over it. :)