I have another new New Year's Resolution: attack life.
Last night I was at my church's homegroup and I was chatting with an Estonian girl. I told her how I didn't fancy hockey because it felt so dangerous and scary, with people running around with sticks. I don't mind crashing on the ground and slamming myself against bodies while I'm playing volleyball or captainball, but I don't highly fancy a stick ramming into any part of my body.
And her trick was in playing hockey: attack the people first to scare them from coming near you.
Right...
But then, this morning, as I yet again found myself pensively listening into my colleagues' discussion, trying to learn and absorb, I was hit with a sudden impatience.
I think I'm done with being fearful of the uncertainties of life. I think it's time to grab life by its horns and attack it.
I've actually had a lighter heart since focusing my thoughts on Philippians 4:6-8. I think that I'm actually getting my brasher self back. :)
Lighter of heart
Post a Comment