Marry me please 

Last week, Ash sent out a group email about a Saturday night gathering of which I was cooking. He included a joke we shared about how good a masseuse I am. Not wanting to let a good joke lie, I added onto the email about how I am so good I've had two marriage proposals just for my hands already (it's true!).

The email replies soon started to come in, with two of the guys saying that since they aren't ready to be married yet, they decided it was best they weren't around so they wouldn't be tempted to throw in their own proposals.

After the dinner came and went, Ash sent another mail to everyone saying that the email address of "Martin's" that included in the trail turned out not to be the Martin from church, but was in fact, another guy who is the Head of Christ-in-Action of Europe, a inter-denomination Christian organisation.

Someone brought this up during lunch after church yesterday, and we all had a good laugh about it. I could feel my face flaring brightly as we laughed because it struck me that I was blatantly tossing my proud claims of how good a masseuse I was in front of a Christian leader, and goodness knows what he must imagine I must be like!

I was re-reading the email trail and I was so glad to see my last mail to everyone where I wrote:


"Okok... I get the point... no one wants to marry me!

If any of you take anything from this trail of email... please bear in mind that Saturday nite is just a time of fellowship over a meal and not to see who I can convince to propose to me!"


At least one redeeming email of my reputation!!!