New year 

After 10 days of Christmas break, it feels horrible to be back at work today. Spent new year's eve having dinner with a few people from church, and after that went to All Soul's Church for the watch night service, and then two hours in the car trying to get back from Central London. That will be the first and last time I celebrate new year's in Central London.

Weather has been quite mild during Christmas actually, between 4-11 degrees. But read the paper this morning that the weather is expected to dip due to winds from Siberia, and could possibly go down to -8 degrees.

O_0

The one thing I'm glad for, despite the many small problems we've had in my flat, one thing we can't deny is that it is nice and warm. So warm in fact I had to take off my jumper and still woke up feeling suffocatingly warm this morning.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of the English weather, and that's probably about the biggest gripe I have. I can't wait for summer and see the sun again.

Oh yes, and it's the new year now isn't it? Whoop ee. Yes, note the over-enthusiasm. Watch out. Don't get bowled over by it.

Since I got asked a few times, here's my new year's resolution:

1. Build on mental discipline, ie if I have to wake up, wake up, and not hit the snooze 10 times before I roll out of bed groaning

2. Read more books and the Bible more regularly

3. Develop my painting hobby

4. Exercise regularly

Except for Resolution #3, all the rest are repetitive actually.