One of the verses I have held on to through all the difficult times has been Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
But it has taken me 10 years of my Christian life to discover how making this single verse as a bedrock verse I fall back on time and time again only shows the the selfish state of my heart. Because I want my life to be about me. That God does things for my good. That no matter what happens, I will have a happy ending.
Selfish, selfish, selfish. Is the creation more important than the Creator?
Psalm 31:3 should be my bedrock verse, "For You are my rock and my fortress; therefore, for Your name's sake, lead me and guide me."
We were not created for salvation. We are saved for His glorification.
Psalm 25:11, "For Your name’s sake, O LORD, pardon my guilt, for it is great."
And yet, in His graciousness, He does work through all things for the good of those who love Him. In His mercies, those that choose to worship Him, He blesses. Despite the natural selfishness of my heart, in His sovereignty, He still pours His goodness.
For His Name's sake
Post a Comment