My Italian flatmate has gone into a die-die-die-all-dust-and-dirt zone, and gave me a scary look when I dared step outside the entrance of the kitchen cum lounge. So when her baleful gaze settled on me though she tried to soften it with a forced smile, I held my hands up in surrender and quickly retreated back to my room to blog while waiting for her to finish cleaning.
Hehe... I like living with her and the other girls. It means the flat is always nice and clean. And there's peer pressure for me to keep my room clean too!
Speaking of peer pressure...
My weight is slowly but surely increasing! It does not help when your tall, skinny, male friends put peer pressure on you to eat as much as they do by emotionally manipulating you through statements like, "Don't be a mincer," or "None of that girly appetite now," or "I can't stand it when girls shy away from food."
Or that you only have one, yes, one slim female friend around which means there isn't any peer pressure from female friends to be thin. The only advantage I have is that when I put on weight, my weight is distributed across my body evenly, so my body doesn't accumulate fat in one area and then screams for everyone to see how fat I am.
But, truth be told, I'm actually not fat and not all that bothered about my voluptuous shape. I'm just not reflecting the image of beauty perpetrated by media, and not your average skinny Chinese chick and I'm pretty happy with that!
Anyway, think I'm going to head out for a jog right now. It's all about keeping fit, not thin!
It's all about having the right peer pressure
Post a Comment