THE WEATHER IS SO COLD TODAY and fickle-minded -_-!
It started out cloudy and raining.
Then sun.
Then rain.
Then sun again.
Then a small hail.
Then rain.
Then snow!
It snowed! But because it was so light it disappeared as soon as it fell on the ground. It was pretty interesting actually. And unusual for London. Especially since it's end of March and spring has been peeking through.
I woke up at 6am in the morning to meet Lekha as she made her return trip from Malaysia back to Canada at Heathrow airport as this time she was only in transit for 5 hours. I met at 7am to have breakfast with her and chat as we didn't know when we would meet each other again next.
By the time I got back to my flat, cleaned a bit, cooked a little and was out again to meet a girl who is the friend of a friend. She's from Malaysia and is here on a working holidaymaker visa as well and was keen on meeting and making new friends, so I invited her to spend some time in boring Ealing, for a proper local English experience.
A lot of people, Asians and Europeans a like, when they come to London, tend to say the same things about how for a city this large, it's very easy to feel lonely. And though not all British people are uppity and snobbish folks, that isn't necessarily an over-exaggeration, and they are not the easiest people to understand much less befriend. I'm just very blessed to happen to meet the nicer ones.
I brought her back to my flat and cooked her lunch, after that spent the afternoon getting to know each other. By 4pm, I was desperate for bed, because the night before I only had 4 hours sleep. So I took a nap while I left her to entertain herself with her book and TV.
At 7, Marianne came to pick us up to go to Alison H's house for fondue dinner. Marianne and I had decided to organise an all girls' night out, and had quite a good number of ladies from church join us. It was a really fun and satisfying night. Especially since the boys have their morning men's prayer meeting while the girls never did anything together much, I was particularly pleased that tonight, it wasn't just the girls around my age group who joined, but some of the middle-aged ladies.
It was so nice to be able to chit-chat and there were moments when we screamed with laughter. Unfortunately, we were laughing over the men from church... hehe. We just have such incredible individual characters that it's so easy to laugh over some particular trait, all in good nature of course.
Again, just a very lovely night spent.
Girls' night out
Post a Comment