Bangle & Earrings 




Bangle & Earrings has a nice movie/song title ring doesn't it?

Just as I was giving up on ever receiving the parcel and having a growing suspicious resentment towards the slightly troublesome ex-neighbour (who has since moved out) and a conceived image of a fat middle-aged and lazy postman whose joy was in making sure people don't receive their mail, because they were my prime suspects over some missing mail, a nice fat brown envelope sat waiting for me a couple of days ago.

What happens when you get a long anticipated birthday present? You rip it apart of course to see what you get!

All I saw was the outline of a large bangle traced behind thin paper, and when I got it unwrapped I held it out triumphantly and showed it off to my flatmates, loudly exclaiming, "Does my bestfriend have good taste or WHAT?!!"

What? Argue with someone whose bangle could knock them out cold?
In my haste to get the bangle out, I missed the earrings, threw it into the bin, only to be told that there were earrings the next day and had to dig through the rubbish (which smelled of barf) to get the earrings.

Everyone agreed the bangle is so me. It still amazes me a little that my best friend does know me that well that she can tell exactly what is just right for me. But that's why I love her, because she's conscientious that way.

I'm thankful for a friendship that I don't have to put on a constant happy facade with. One that doesn't have the peer pressure to keep up with the Joneses, to delight in one another ala Sex in the City style, meeting in expensive bars and dressed in designer clothes with flashy Tiffany's.
I'm thankful for a friendship where I can bare my soul, and have her bear me when I'm down and broken. For being able to be plain and honest about my weaknesses and know I won't be judged.

And this is definitely worth more than 2 cents. :)

Labels: