I've been mulling over the decision for a few weeks, but really dreaded over actually having to make the decision. And I had to give an absolute answer today so I did it though painfully.
I've been living in this flat for 6 months now? And the morning before I came to view this flat, I was listing a few requirements that I wanted the flat I would move into to have and praying about them. Among those requirements:
- Clean, accessible, reasonable rent
-People I get along with & can be a blessing to
The flat and flatmates has been everything I wanted (except the reasonable rent part). But for the fact that they allowed me to give a 30 days notice to move out without having to sign any contract and that they held all the risks in renting the flat, plus having had spent a nightmare of searching for a flat/house before finally settling in the flat, it is reasonable.
I just felt bad because ever since my two flatmates moved into the flat they've had issues after issues that kept them worried and edgy. And now that we've just settled into a nice quiet tempo, I'm giving them something new to worry and it really does seem like they aren't destined to have a quiet life in this flat.
I am moving into the church flat with KiCheol and his family, which means I am at the mercy of his two mini terrorists! But because the church flat is close to the Coach house and 52 (all three houses are managed by the church and boarded by people from church) I'm planning to spend a lot of time in both the houses.
Benefits of living in the church flat:
- Much cheaper rent
- KiCheol's wife is a housewife, which hopefully means I don't have to do too much cleaning (HOPEFULLY!!)
- It's still very accessible
- The house is actually much nicer than my current flat
- It's a minute away from the Coach house
- It's a minute away from the chapel (if I still manage to find myself late for service I will be forever ashamed of myself)
- I've got the BIGGEST backyard in the entire neighbourhood
The reason why I took so long to come to the decision is the responsibility I will have in ensuring I don't stumble the two young kids. Especially the girl, I can sense how she looks at me and sees me. Kids absorbs so much and I don't want her to be absorbing the wrong things.
As Paul preached last Sunday, Christian living is the hardest at home, because that's where we let our guards down, and it's the people who sees us day in and day out for who we really are. I already feel like I'm under a microscope, living in the church flat is going to be a big new challenge for me.
So now you can't be naughtie-naughtie, huh ;)
I'm happy for you and your decision!
Posted by
CHARIS |
3:28 PM