Do remember I used to spend 70% of my time working in one of the top three IT companies in the world, where speed in doing business was key. And the connection in my home in Malaysia was suitably satisfactory to internet junkies thanks to my brother.
The connection here is so bad that it takes forever to upload something, impossible to download files, and annoying to chat online.
I kept telling my new landlord that I'm not a demanding tenant, except that I have one uncompromising demand, I need broadband.
Then the other day I was talking to someone and it occurred to me that I may not have mentioned that I need wireless broadband.
So when I saw my landlord on Wednesday evening, I clarified with him that I preferred wireless. He looked at me and patted his chest saying, "Don't worry, I need wireless broadband."
Then it occurred to me, South Korea is among the countries with highest broadband connectivity, and another Korean from church complained to me before that the broadband speed in England is very very slow compared to that in Korea!
And my landlord shook his head as he lamented of the deprivation of high-speed connectivity in England. I warned him about the poor connection from my flat's current provider and was more than happy when he declared that he'd rather pay more to other providers as long as he gets the best connection.
Yeeap. Moving in with them is looking more and more positive. We'll get along just fine.
Labels: Friends