Some of the things I really enjoy about my new flat:
1. I've got the biggest garden in the neighbourhood.
By big, I mean big, because it's attached to the church backyard. There's to be a wedding in July, and the bride being very creative (and a perfectionist), has been busy setting up a gazebo-like structure for the wedding ceremony in the garden and doing a lot of planting. It already begins to look romantically beautiful, I can only imagine when the flowers are in full bloom. Two weeks ago, the sun was shining brilliantly, and I was to join my neighbours in Coach House for lunch. Then someone suggested eating in the garden, so we all quickly brought the food to sit within the gazebo-like structure to which we justified that the bride should be happy with us enjoying her work. It was a very good afternoon spent in the garden.
2. Nice flatmates and neighbours
Prior to this I was adamant about living with non-Christians as I didn't want to get caught up in a Christian bubble by living and only socialising with Christians. But I've begun to see the blessings in living with Christians because there's a stronger sense of purpose and focus that encourages me to strive and achieve more. With my ex-flatmates, I felt obliged to sit and watch TV (which is really filled with a lot of negative influence) to spend time with them. Plus the fact that a girl from Hong Kong lives in Coach House, and she's a really good cook and I've been fed a few times already. Yes, I have no shame.
3. 30 seconds away from church
Since I spend a bit of time in church as it is, it's really useful and convenient to be able to pop in within 30 seconds. No more tardiness.
4. Highspeed broadband
I kid you not, this is an important factor to quality of life.
5. Nice, clean, bright house
It's a much nicer place to live in than my last flat, and cheaper too.
6. Nice flatmates
Besides the two kids tearing through the house and keeping me from my naps, the noise they make when they wake up early in the mornings is a great alarm clock for me. But despite that, I tend to wake up earlier than them anyway. Yesterday I went back earlier than usual, and managed to see the 4 year old before his bed time and he ran to me to make me carry him and he wouldn't let go. Poor boy has been bored alone while his sister's gone. But it's nice to be loved any way.
How I love thee, new flat
Post a Comment