I look very nice 

I couldn't help but roll my eyes behind my sunnies on Sunday afternoon as I took the bus back to my flat from the tube station, when a lady who sat in front of me spoke very loudly to her friend on her mobile enough for everyone on the bus to hear:


Lady: I look very nice today! Everyone's looking at me! Blablabla... I look very nice today! Very nice! I'm all dressed up in matching clothes and everyone was looking at me today... blablala... I look very nice today! Very nice!!


No, she didn't look at all nice. Her skin was quite bad, too much make up, her hair too dry and lack luster, her sense of style pretentious. Note to self: keep away from vanity.


You could literally feel the snickering emanating from everyone. English people may be reserved and won't publicly express themselves as some people from different countries might, but when you pick up the ability to read their sarcastically snide thoughts shining at the corner of their controlled eyes, they become one of the most amusing people around.

Another note to self: learn to keep a tab on my tongue. Apparently not everyone is comfortable with my bluntness.

Labels: