Living with new flatmates 

Whenever friends from church meet me now, the most frequently asked question is, "How is it, living in the new flat with the Korean family?"

It's been really, really good.

Except.

When I'm trying to sleep in the afternoon, the kids drive me mad because the 6 year old girl usually speaks or sings at the top of her voice, or both she and her 4 year old brother will run up and down the corridor.

Two Saturdays ago, I was really really tired from too hectic a schedule and being slightly ill. When the kids went out to the park I quickly tried to catch a nap. Only to be woken up by a call from Jonno. Went back to sleep, and then Martin called. Went back to sleep and AC called. Went back to sleep and the kids came home. Gave up in disgust of any hopes of having solid rest.

Last week I was talking to my mom on the phone and asked her how she coped with three kids, and she mentioned that we weren't that bad, just that the Korean kids may not be as disciplined as we were. Oh yes, I think I vaguely remember to ever go upstairs on a Saturday afternoon when my mom was asleep would be to tempt her wrath.

I find it interesting that I should be sharing a place with kids at this season of my life, and find a different unexercised 'muscles' of my character being stretched.

I've always loved kids, but I've always loved the fact that I can play with them but still have them go home with their parents. Despite the times when they test my patience, I actually do shower them with as much hugs and kisses whenever I can (which is not much since I'm always out early and back late).

I now look at mothers with a newfound respect for what they put up with, and more, I know with absolute certainty I am not ready for kids.

hmmm..maybe now you're not ready with kids yet. But I know you will soon...very soon... hehehe

don't talk so much k. i'll be PRAYING for u ;)

Arghh, I treasure my beauty sleep too! I guess I'd wake up if I know that if I don't, I'd have to clean a whole lot of shit, lol!

Post a Comment