I left the office half an hour early, but adulthood being less fun and glamourous (though still fun and glamourous just less glossy in reality) as I had imagined, still required me to buy groceries, get some stuff done before my body began to really protest at 11.30pm to make me rest.
The next morning I woke up wondering if I should stay home or not. Because though I felt tired, I'm always tired every morning anyway. After praying about it for a short while, it didn't feel like I was being purposely lazy, so stayed in bed.
The demands of adulthood responsibilities kept me up and out nonetheless. Was out getting stuff needed around the house, though the weather in the afternoon was nice enough for me to have my lunch out in the garden and spent 15 minutes sunbathing while lying on the grass. You really appreciate the sun whenever it's not clouded with rain.
Had a few hours of solid sleep after that in my room despite having my two terrorists housemates running upanddownupanddownupanddownupanddown the corridor, making me so tempted to tell them to just play in the lounge. When I managed to fall asleep, I was thankfully oblivious to them.
Then Anna came round in the evening because she needed a break from her studies. Went on to help with the weekly youth work at church, and after that spent time hanging out with friends. Rather than lie about 'resting', for the most part I've been up and about, and it's funny how I feel so much more refreshed this way.
Labels: Friends
Hope that you're feeling much better, sweetie. Take care.
Posted by
CHARIS |
3:29 AM