Strangers in the night 

At 10.50pm yesterday night, I was in the kitchen waiting for the kettle to boil to make myself a cup of tea. KiCheol and wife were in the study room. My mind was occupied as I gazed listlessly at the window, when suddenly, I saw a shadow walk past the window!!!

The window is slightly tinted (for lack of a better word), so I could only see the outline of the shape, but not any other details. My poor heart jumped. And then it jumped again when it saw a second shape walk pass, and then a third, and a fourth and then a fifth. And my poor heart nearly went into cardiac arrest when the fifth shape turned towards me and waved!!!

I ran to the opposite end of the kitchen to look out that window to see if there were any lights shining out of the church kitchen window, because that would mean there were people in church at that freaking time of the night but nothing.

I ran to the living room to peer out of the window to see if there were any lights shining out of the side door where the figures were headed to, nothing.

So I ran to the study room, knocked on it and when KiCheol came out, I told him what I saw and pleaded with him to check it out. Puzzled, he and his wife tried to look out the windows themselves. They thought it strange as well.


KC: Maybe it was teenagers?

Me: It better be teenagers!! Then I can report them for trespassing!!!

KC: Maybe it was angels?

Me: It better be angels!!!!! Cheeky angels aren't they?!?! Waving at me!!??!?


After a few minutes, KiCheol came back into the kitchen where I was to tell me excitedly that he knew what it was! It was the group of people Andrew R, one of the church elder, played street hockey with, as they kept their hockey sticks in the shed behind the flat.

And KiCheol said, the person who waved must have been Andrew R.

I called Andrew R just to confirm, and true enough, it was the street hockey group of people that walked past the window, and it was Andrew R that waved at me.

I am really at loss for words.

Labels: