Confession 

Here's a secret. When I resigned from BigBluey company last year to make a life changing decision in turning my nose up at climbing up the corporate ladder, job security, comfort and opt for an obscure and uncertain future in UK, I was very very nervous.

Just as I resigned, a manager approached me to offer me a different position in the company. One that meant moving me up the ladder for certain. It was pretty tempting.

There were so many reasons for me to take the offer, and all of them pretty darn good. After all, I could put UK on hold, build up more experience and still head off to UK but with a better stand. It could even be a more strategic move to make. It made sense financially, career-wise, life experience wise, etc.

Going to UK only had one reason. It meant me turning my back to everything I knew and took comfort and assurance in, to jump off the cliff and trust God to catch me somehow.

But if that was the only reason I had to go to UK, then it meant that all the other reasons to remain in Malaysia meant the exact opposite, that no matter how many different reasons I could come up with, they were all the same - that I did not trust God.

So I chose to jump.

And you know what, I'm glad He proved that it's never a mistake to trust Him. A number of months after I came, the manager who offered me the different position in the company left the company! If I had taken up his offer based on the circumstances which was dependent on his continuing presence in the company, I would have been left in a pretty shitty position to put it mildly.

And I would have missed out on the amazing experience I've had since coming over. And He continues to spring new twists and turns in this soap opera of mine. I suspect He will take me to places I never expected, encounter amazing things that will bring me great joy, but also immense things that could bring me great pain and sorrow. But in all of it, there will always be a reason for me to lift my voice and declare His glory forever and ever.

Amen to that.