Chris R and Paul H who both live in Coach House, was having a right go at me earlier. We were talking about how the neighbourhood kids are too comfortable with me because I'm too soft with them. Apparently, I have a problem of being firm with them that they are looking set to walk all over me.
On Saturday evening, when I disappeared somewhere, Shannon, one of the girls who is overly comfortable with me, went to Coach House to look for me. She likes coming to my house, but also because all the adults have quickly establish that none of the girls goes to either house, the Coach House or mine, without my presence. And Paul H had told her to give me some space.
Uh oh... the day another adult has to intervene on behalf of another adult is a telling sign. Time to put on my iron glove.
I was at the Coach House to return something I borrowed from them, but at the same time also asked Chris R if he had taken my Korean flatmate, Ook's number, because I forgot to get it. I wanted to text him to tell him that I've cooked some food for him.
o_O
Another uh-oh!
What does it say when you begin to become motherly to someone who's just 2 years younger than you!?
Chris R agreed that Ook is really one helpless duck and such a typical university student and he warned me not to get sucked into the trap of wanting to take care of him.
Paul H reckons that all it is is me happy being able to boss someone around.
The latter is probably all together too true! ;)
Bossy mommy
Post a Comment