It's close to a year of me being in the UK, which is ridiculous how fast time flies by these days. I was just thinking the other night how weird it would be to celebrate my 30th birthday, and then 40th, and 50th, etc.
A few of us were talking some weeks back, how one girl said though she was 28 years old, she still felt like an 18 year old. Though I'm 26, I'm still fixed at 21 in my head, and a guy said that though 27, he still thinks himself a 16 year old, so he's technically the youngest among the three of us.
It's not yet a year, but if I don't get these thoughts out now, I might never get the chance to sit down and write them.
Some of the highlights of the year has been:
1. Seeing the Lord intricately involved in every step of the journey since I decided I would trust Him and follow Him into the unknown.
2. Experiencing the abundant blessings He has showered on me, materially, financially, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
3. For all the more painful moments and for all the sufferings. Because sufferings allows perseverance. Perseverance produces character, and character, hope (Romans 3:3-5). And because it brings comfort.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
Notice the verse which says "just as sufferings of Christ flow into our lives" being contrasted with "so also through Christ our comfort overflows". If any of us should desire for more peace and comfort, then allowing sufferings to come into our lives is the way to go!
4. Leading a Japanese girl to accept Jesus as her God.
In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents. Luke 15:10
5. Having my perspectives challenged, being able to step out of the Malaysian mentality, especially Malaysian Christian mentality, and have it all thrown out of the window, which gives me the opportunity to decide what I will think, act, react and what I will do from here onwards. I read about how the incumbent Malaysian party in power is ridiculously in denial and cannot understand the position of those in disagreement with them. If they do understand, do not have the strength of conviction to lift themselves out of the self-made quicksand they are in. But aren't all of us are in such a situation? We are all in self-made quicksands of our own thinking and opinions, and we all lack the strength of conviction to lift ourselves away out of it, the only difference is to what varying degree of thickness of mud.
6. Learning that good can be the enemy of best.
It's late, and though I have much thoughts behind all this, I've noticed lately that I'm utterly lazy when it comes to explaining or justifying myself. I'm beginning to learn that the less that one says, the less opportunity you give people to disagree with your point of view and the more easier life is.
Nearly a year
Post a Comment