Restlessness 

A couple of weeks ago, I was having a chat with Shanx2 in the Coach House, and she made a remark that she didn't think I was the kind who could sit still at home.

It was the first time anyone had said that to me, and in my family, it is always said that my brother and my paternal grandfather has that restless symptom and never really me. In fact, I always thought I was more the homebody type.

But Shanx2 could not be convinced of that in the least. And when I thought about it, I realised that I have become quite restless since coming to the UK. I think it's because I have a better work life balance, and I'm no longer constantly worn out, which was the case in Malaysia, which kept me staying at home whenever I could. In fact, I get very restless and dejected when I have no plans on Saturday night, and there are days when I get very lifeless because of the lack of interaction with people.

Last weekend we had BBQ on Saturday and Sunday in the church garden, which kept the church flat pretty busy throughout the two days. And TzuAnne has offered to cook dinner tomorrow night and I extended the invitation to my neighbours in Coach House and 52. And Shanx2 was asking me earlier where I find the energy to do so much! To be fair, I'm not planning to do much tomorrow night, since TzuAnne's the one cooking, and I invited the rest so they will help clean up (hehe... it's all about strategy!).

But honestly, I'm slowly beginning to learn the trick, the only way to get more energy to do more things, is to keep doing things and not let the body rest too much and grow lethargic. That's a real turnabout for me, who once claimed that I can never do without my 10 hour sleep!

Oooh, I'm jealous that Tzu Anne gets to sleep on your new mattress! Do send her my love and take care of her well, okie?

Post a Comment