It took 4 months plus or so, lots of encouraging and arm twisting from AC, and despite the huge amount of doubts I battled with in the significance my presence had, I'm glad that I was 'forced' to be part of the youth work on Thursday and Saturday a few people from church are involved with.
Last Saturday, for the first time after months of just sitting and watching, I got myself pulled to play football. It was nice that the boys in the neighbourhood have learnt my name.
And I've also cemented myself with some of the girls that live in the neighbourhood and well, hopefully in the long run, will play some role in shaping their thoughts and attitudes in a positive way.
HOWEVER.
Living right across the field where all these kids play regularly and them being completely comfortable around me MEANS that they are also coming to look for me as much as possible. It's nice they now look forward to seeing me during the weekends as well, but sometimes, their boundless energy does wear me out quicker than anything else.
The girls love to come round my place because they get to nick biscuits and chocolates from me, but also to just be there. Something about girls and homes is sure to play a part as well though I haven't yet wrap my head around that.
The girls are a handful as it is, yesterday evening, I was at Coach House, which is right in front of church (while mine is hidden behind the church building), and I saw a group of boys coming into the driveway. I chuckled and told the guys at Coach House the boys are now going to look for them as the girls look for me, went outside only to realise, the boys were looking for me.
-_-
They wanted the balloons to continue the water balloon fight we had in the afternoon, and for some reason, someone knew that I was the source of the balloons. As it is I already have the younger girls coming every so often to ring my doorbell, now I have the boys too??
Thank God the doorbell doesn't work! And I'm not going to be getting anyone to fix it either!
Space... space...
Post a Comment