My Superhero 

I had a slightly more stressful day at work than usual, but by far not as near as the stress levels I experienced in my last company. And I really wanted to watch the Dark Knight film since everyone keeps talking about how good it was.

I was thrilled when I got back and saw Shanx2 watering the plants outside her flat and asked if she wanted to go watch together and seeing I was quite keen on it she agreed. I called Chris and he was a minute away from the flat, and just bumped into Evo, and they both were up for the last minute plan for the movie as well. I love how everyone lives walking distance from one another, and can do things together easily enough.

After the film, the first thought that ran through my head was, I wasted 2 hours of my life on this.

I didn't like the fact it wasn't a feel good film. Yes, I'm shallow, I know.

Life has enough evil and troubles, I don't really need my movies to have that as well.

I didn't like how real the evil felt. Two hours after the film though I started to appreciate the film a little more, but only because we were all talking about the film and trying to understand the psychology behind it.

About why this world needs their heroes and what are heroes being born out of. We compared between Superman, Spiderman and Batman, and how the world is really looking for its Saviour through these fictional hero characters.

My favourite part of the movie? The part where it provoked conversations on how Jesus, the One not of this world and infinitely more powerful (Superman), the unlikely hero (nerdy Peter Parker aka Spiderman) and the man of sorrows who carries the burden of the world but hated by men who don't understand the sacrifices He makes (Batman), has come to save and seek the lost.

Yes, I like the movie very much, only because it reminds me that no matter how much evil there is in the world, that even when evil thought it had triumphed in bringing death unto the crucified God, death could not hold Him and thus He was risen from the grave.

That is why I do not worship someone who lies in a tomb, but one who walked out of it.