In light of present concerns 

These days, headlines are always screaming of news of recession and doom and gloom and it makes a person nervous about when everything is going to hit. Because frankly, it hasn't really hit me or the people around me yet.

Either:


(a) We're affluent enough that the hit just isn't hard enough to make a significant dent

(b) We're in denial

(c) It'll hit us like tsunami, sudden, overwhelming and unexpected so the question isn't if but when

(d) Impending recession is the hottest current topic so everyone is sprouting the same thing but tries to outdo one another by reporting on how the other journalists doesn't know it, but it's actually worse and so on and so forth. But maybe, just maybe, once it boils down, it isn't as bad as people thought it might be. After all, economy is based on demand and supply. More and more bad news causes nervousness and demand decreases. It's all a vicious rags and riches cycle.

(e) I'm just hopeful


At any rate, it does cause me to think a little more on how I can be more prudent with my money. So among the few things I can think to save a pound or two:


(a) Save £10 a month by walking to and fro train station, which is about 5 miles a day, 90 minutes a day. Save money, keep fit, stay healthy (although I don't know about all the carbon I'm inhaling from all the passing vehicles).

(b) Strictly only cook and no buying lunch at work. Haven't worked out exactly how much I'll save, but it's a given fact I will save won't I? Though truth be told, though I am eating healthier, I think the cost difference really isn't that great.

(c) No buying breakfast. My company provides free cornflakes and oatmeal in the office. It does not matter if I end up eating the same thing every morning of everyday I work there and how much I feel like throwing it at somebody's face, it's a free meal.

(d) Sleep early. Save electricity on laptop and lights.

(e) No more sms and phonecalls. Only email IN the office.

(f) No souvenirs from UK when I go back to Malaysia to visit.


Ah. Love it when one gets into the spirit of things.

All but (f), my friend, all but (f)...

Post a Comment