We whizzed through New York and the only thing I went to see properly was the UN building.
Some people would not be happy I treat the demonstration like a show, but some of the demonstrators were more than happy with some camera action
My sister's place in her old university. The morning we packed her car with things and proceeded the journey to LA
We drove across America over the span of 12 days. When you're seated at the back and all you see outside the window is more or less like the picture above, you get bored quite quickly.
I liked Chicago, but I have to admit, it felt a little too posh for me. I would feel hard pressed to keep up with Joneses I think, if I lived there. Anyone recognise the picture above? Remember the scene Bruce Wayne chased after a police car to save someone marked by Joker?
We went camping at Yellowstone National Park and it was a slow ride to our campsite because bisons kept hogging the road. Apparently if you're an animal you get special treatment.
I didn't realise what the car number plate said until after I downloaded the pics from my camera. I don't think this little chipmunk would disagree. But I think it learnt very quickly it has a friend in humans especially if it acted cute. It was very happy to walk all the way and press its paws on people's feet and pose for the camera and wait for its reward. Sis said it's a fatter than usual chipmunk.
This was at Old Faithful geyser site.
We went to Colorado, of which the picture of the lake on the top of my blog was taken there as well.
We went to Four Corners. This picture is proof we did. You have no reason to disbelief us. Except for the fact that 3 stingy Chinese women saw they charged for entering the site and we immediately decided we were happy not seeing it. And took the picture just before we moved along.
Las Vegas was not my thing. Too many lights, too much noise, too much vice. Highlight of Las Vegas was us watching TVB series on sis laptop.
By the time we got to LA all Iwas touristed out. It was all I could do to peer with a bit of enthusiasm at Beverly Hills, walk of fame, etc. Sis kept telling me to get out of the car and take at least one picture of the Hollywood sign and I just sank into my seat sulkily and say, "Dowan lah, dowan lah."
Nope, me not a traveller. I am my father's daughter when I echo my dad's words - I see the world enough through the TV. US was interesting enough, but I think I've maxed myself out on tourist activities for the next 3 years.
Yearlor, The KiDd & I spent our New Year's Eve 2006 in Las Vegas and we concluded that it was not out thing either. But then, we thought that it might be because we were getting old...
Posted by
CHARIS |
9:18 PM